The Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service (NEPTS) is for patients who:
- Need to travel to and from an appointment at a hospital or clinic
- Are discharged from hospital (and meet the eligibility criteria), or
- Need to transfer between centres, and because of their medical condition, cannot make their own way.
If you are asked to book your own transport, you should call 01278 727401.
Your call will be answered by a PTAC (Patient Transport Advice Centre) advisor, who will first assess whether you are eligible to use patient transport by asking you a few simple questions about your medical condition and mobility needs.
Your answers to these questions will determine whether you are eligible.
You will need to have the following information to hand when you call PTAC:
- Date of birth
- Your NHS number
- Full address with postal code
- Your mobility needs – are you in a wheelchair, for example?
Once your transport is booked, you will be given a booking journey reference number.
You should keep this number in a safe place in case you need to contact PTAC again to make any changes.
Further information can be found on the Bath & North East Somerset, Swindon & Wiltshire CCG website here or you can download a NEPTS patient information leaflet here