Advice & Support

Support Agencies

Support for those who need it is available from the Health Service, the Social Services and voluntary agencies. The following list is not comprehensive. Most agencies can be contacted directly.

You may have to contribute to the costs of the services.

Occupational Therapists

They give advice and help regarding walking aids, wheelchairs, hoists, bathing and toilet aids and can be contacted via Social Services.

Home Care Assistants

They can provide help with basic personal care and in certain circumstances help with general household tasks. Please contact Home Care Department at Oxfordshire Social Services by ringing 0845 050 7666 and for patients living in Wiltshire please contact Swindon Social Social Services on  01793 463000.

The Private Sector

If you wish to receive private hospital care this can be arranged. Please inform the doctor at the appropriate time.

Benefits Agency

Information about benefits can be obtained by telephoning (01793) 489600 for general advice or 0800 882200 for advice for disabled people.

Are You a Carer?

If you care for someone at home, or are cared for by someone, regularly helping or being helped with everyday tasks, please let us know so that we can offer you the appropriate support.

A flu vaccination each Autumn is recommended if you are a carer.

For more information visit The Princess Royal Trust for Carers website or for more local information:

Language Problems

If you need, or if you hear of any person or family who needs to access any of the surgery's facilities, including seeing a doctor or nurse, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive translation service.

This service covers all the common languages. Please ask at Reception for further details.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website