Transport to hospital outpatient’s clinics is only available on strict medical grounds. If you want to apply for NHS funded transport to your first out patient appointment at a hospital or treatment centre:-
- Phone the patient Travel Desk on 0845 600 6068 as soon as you have the date and time of your appointment.
- Please give at least 48 hours notice. It may not be possible to meet your request if they receive it with less than 48 hours notice.
- If you need assistance to apply for patient transport, a friend or relative can apply on your behalf.
- If you need assistance to apply for patient transport and you don’t have anyone to help you then please speak to a receptionist at the Surgery.
A decision will be made on whether transport will be provided on the following grounds:-
- Your medical condition affects your mobility so much that you would not be able to get to hospital or treatment centre by any other means.
- Your medical condition is such that you require the skills or support of trained staff on or for your journey.
- It would make your medical condition worse if you were to travel by another means.
- You are the parent or guardian of a child who meets any of these rules.
For transport to subsequent visits, please inform the hospital appointment desk before leaving the clinic.